Frequently Asked Questions
Press "Ctrl-F" to search for specific words in this FAQ.
to view all DL06 FAQs with answers on one page.
- Is there a way to detect a low battery condition in the DL-06 PLC?
- What is the accuracy of the PLC DL06 real-time clock?
- Does the DL06 support Modbus protocol?
- Does the DL06 work with radio communications?
- Does the DL06 support peer-to-peer communications?
- To connect a modem with a DL06, do I need to jump RTS and CTS on the PLC side?
- Can you print from a DL06?
- Will my D2-HPP work with the DL06 PLC?
- Does DL06 have a 24V accessory power supply?
- Do any of the DL06s have Triac outputs?
- Can the DL06 handle larger preset values than 9999 for counts?
- Can I make 2 D0-06 slaves on a multi drop communicate to each other?
- How do you use the PID loops in the DL06 without an analog output?
- Can you put an encoder on the DL06?
- What is the max. tolerable inrush for relay outpus on the DL06 AC units?
- What configuration software is necessary to use for DL06?
- Do you offer a memory cartridge for the DL06 family?
- Can port 1 on the DL06 be a master?
- On the input power side of the unit, what type of fuse do I need for the AC powered DL06?
- Is there a calendar and date in the DL06?
- Does the DL06 have floating point math capabilities?
- Is the Directnet protocol the same between the DL06 and the DL205?
- Where are the Hours, Minutes & Seconds stored at using a DL06?
- Can the DL06 series support 2 up counters in one of the high speed modes?
- Can the DL06 accept 5VDC inputs?
- Can the LCD Display change bits and v-memories like an operator panel?
- What is the I/O addressing of an option card.
- Does the DL06 have Ethernet capabilities?
- Is there an RTD or thermocouple module for the DL06?
- Do you have an adapter for the D2-DSCBL and EZ-2CBL cables so that I can use them on port 2 of a DL06, DL250-1, or DL260 instead of on port 1? Iím using DirectSoft32 with the RJ-12 PLC connector cable (D2-DSCBL) and/or Iím using an EZ-Text/EZ-Touch panel with the RJ-12 PLC connector (EZ-2CBL) to connect to port 1 of my DL06, DL250-1, or DL260 PLC. I want to connect to port 2 of these processors, which has a 15-pin high density connector.
- What is the format of the MWX/MRX exception buffer?
- What is the screw size on the D-sub for port 2?
- Outputs are not turning on in an option module. What could cause this?
- Output LED comes on but nothing happens in the field, what could be the problem?
- I added analog IO pointer method during online edits. I then wrote to changes to PLC. But my analog IO still does not work, where do I start checking?
- Can I configure a DL06 to do high speed counting and generate high speed pulse output?
- I need to add more IO to my DL06, what are my options?
- Can I read/write data from/to one or more DL PLC? How about to a non DL device?
- Is it true you need to add some form of protection when using relay outputs to turn on solenoids or motor contactors?
- I just installed a new module in one of the expansion slots but I cannot see it in Configure I/O, what could cause this?
- Which formula do I use to scale an analog input if my engineering unit does not start at 0?
- How do I get the absolute value of a 2s complement negative number so that I can use it as a REAL value?
- What protocol can be used with the RS-485 ( 2-wire) configuration for port 2?
- What is the SCCR rating for the DL06 PLCs?
- Can I change the backup battery with power applied to my DL06 CPU?
- Do you have wiring diagram for use with the SureStep Drives
- What are the color codes for American/Canadian thermocouples?
- How do I use a variable as a timer preset?
- Does the PRINT instruction support REAL values for the embedded V-memory?