"I can't see my ECOM(100) with NetEdit. What do I do?"
If NetEdit3 doesn't see the ECOM module when you press "Scan Network", check the following:
- Verify Link Good LEDs are illuminated on module and connecting devices like hubs or unmanaged switches.
- Turn OFF any WiFi devices or other ethernet devices.
- Firewalls need to be turned OFF for initial connection (see Windows Help). Also, turn OFF any antivirus or other protection software that can interfere with ethernet communication.
- Try to PING the ECOM module to establish basic connection (see Windows Help, or search for resources on internet if not familiar with these steps).
- You may need to disable any other network adapters besides the one physically connected to the ECOM or network the ECOM is on.
If you get "Transport Protocol error", try the instructions in this link: Host FAQ0024 Go to Step 4, Item C. The latest version of NetEdit has the ability to select the specific network adapter, by going to the main Menu, select "Network", then "Adapter" and specifying which installed adapter you want to use ( it also lists the IP addresses of the adapters). We strongly suggest you download the latest version of NetEdit
- If you have a network administrator, you may need to check with them to verify the configuration of the local network.
- If you have Windows XP or earlier, and you still can't make a connection, you should consider trying the IPX protocol. Click the IPX button in NetEdit3. If you get the 10047 error, you need to install the NWLink/IPX protocol to your computer ethernet card. See Windows Help for this procedure, or try this link Host FAQ0043
If you can't connect to an existing/unknown ECOM100 in a network, and the card is likely newer than 2007, by powering-down and putting dipswitch 6 ON, then powering up, the IP address will be reset to all 0's, and should become visible to NetEdit3. You must power down and turn this dip back OFF for card to be able to operate properly. Host FAQ0085
Host Engineering has a large collection of FAQ articles concerning the ECOM module. Host ECOM FAQ Page
One of those might have the solution that you are looking for.
FAQ Subcategory: None
This item was last updated on 2021-01-25
Document ID: 1575
The information provided in the AutomationDirect
knowledge base is provided "as is" without warranty of any
kind. AutomationDirect disclaims all warranties, either
express or implied, including the warranties of
merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no
event shall AutomationDirect or its suppliers be liable
for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect,
incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or
special damages, even if AutomationDirect or its
suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such
damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of
limitation of liability for consequential or incidental
damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.